golf bag tags
| Below, you'll
find extensive information on leading golf bag tags articles and
products to help you on your way to success.
Kohler Engines; What are the Benefits of Repowering a Utility Golf Cart with a Kohler Engine?
By Ben Anton
These days, maintaining a fleet of carts and utility vehicles is more likely to be a matter of topping up battery cells than checking spark plugs and mixing fuel and oil. The majority of carts sold in the past decade or so has been electric. Electric carts, goes the traditional wisdom, are cheaper to maintain, easier to manage and less trouble in the long run than the models powered by small gas engines.
Despite the popularity of electric carts, however, most pros agree that there are some jobs that require the power of a good gas engine. Itís not unusual for most course fleets to include at least a few gas carts that have been converted to utility vehicles for hauling and other purposes. What do you do when the motor on one of those starts to go?
It used to be easy to replace those with a used utility or cart when the engine started to go Ė but not anymore. Used and rebuilt gas-powered carts are rare Ė and replacing them with a new gas-powered cart could run you between $12,000 and $20,000.
solution is simple. Donít replace Ė repower. Repowering a utility vehicle that you currently own rather than replacing it with a new vehicle makes sound sense in many ways.
1. By repowering a vehicle that you own, you extend the useful life of that vehicle or piece of equipment. Thereís no need to scrap a perfectly good piece of equipment that just needs a bit of a boost in the engine department.
2. Repowering a vehicle with a new motor can expand its usefulness. You can turn an old cart into an all-purpose hauler or plow by fitting it with a more powerful engine.
3. You get a new warranty for your new upgraded engine. Depending on the dealer, you may find a Kohler engine repower kit that contains all you need to upgrade and includes a two-year warranty, or a Honda small engine to replace one thatís on its last legs, with a warranty for parts for up to two years.
4. A repower Kohler engine or other small engine could save you money on fuel, especially if you upgrade to a cleaner burning fuel. And it will certainly be kinder to the environment.
5. Speaking of kinder to the environment, check your stateís grants and proposals web site if youíre considering replacing old motor equipment. Many states offer substantial incentives if you choose to repower a high-emissions piece of equipment with a lower-emissions engine. The same holds true if you choose to refit an engine with after-market parts to reduce its emissions. In some cases, you can even apply for a reimbursement grant that will pay for a repower engine or the refit parts, along with any parts needed to fit the new engine into your tractor or utility vehicle.
6. If your new repower engine does need repair, it will be far easier to get parts for a current engine than for an older model. Spare parts support is yet another reason to upgrade your engine with a repower.
Repowering is also an excellent way to update your greens-keeping equipment. Little has changed in the business end of mowers, rakers and other turfcare equipment. Why replace a piece of equipment thatís in virtually excellent condition when a repower kit will upgrade it and keep it running in tiptop shape for years to come? Kohler makes repower kits for Toro, Jacobsen, Club Car and Cushman turf care equipment. All of the kits include with everything you need to drop a new engine into your trusted machine and update it to perfect working order.
© Ben Anton, 2006
Ben Anton, Portland OR
We strive to provide only quality
articles, so if there is a specific topic related to golfing that
you would like us to cover, please contact us at any time.
And again, thank you to those contributing
daily to our golf bag tags website.
The Never Ending Pursuit of the Perfect Golf Swing
By Kurt Howard
Anyone who picks up a golf club and begins to play golf inevitably becomes consumed with the desire to improve their golf swing. This desire does not fade away quickly either and usually lasts as Read more...
| Resort Golf Can Vastly Improve Your Game
By Susan Hill
There is more to a golf vacation than spending your day on the golf course and driving range. The golf course may be the main attraction for various golf resorts around the country, however many also Read more...
||Golf Apparel -- The Start Of Good Golf Etiquette
By Ron King
Many of us recall old movie images of golfers in plaid pants, sweater vests, billed caps, and other stereotypical apparel of golfing lore. While clothing on golf courses has changed over the years, Read more...
Latest News on golf bag tags